Key Information about Student Loans 18-19

For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).The OfS is the new independent regulator for higher education in England and all higher education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019-20 academic year. The OfS will start publishing providers on its Register from July 2018. We have made an application to register and expect a decision by the end of June 2019. Should this timescale change we will provide an update via our website.  No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS. Visit for more information.

Application information on applying for funding

The information below is for students who live in England, the EU/EEA and who intend to study at the London College of Creative Media (LCCM). This section is not for international students or students with a tier 4 (general) visa.

Student Finance England (SFE) provides funding for undergraduate and postgraduate students. You need to ensure that you meet the rules and requirements to qualify for this. To ensure enough time for you to be assessed for this process, please apply early and well before starting your course.

If you would like to consider government funding but live in another part of the UK, please visit the below websites for more information:

Student Finance England (SFE) provides the following:

  • SFE Tuition Fee Loan
  • A maintenance Loan – this is for living costs and additional grants for dependent children or adults

If you are applying as a full time or part time student for a course in September 2019, you can apply for both a tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan. You may also be entitled to an SFE grant called the disabled students allowance to help with additional study if needed.

For more information on applying for an SFE funding loan please visit:

Eligibility Check - Are you Eligible?

We recommend that if any of the below points apply to you, you should check out the official student finance page to find out your eligibility to receive SFE funding:

  • I already hold a degree level qualification;
  • I have been living outside the UK/EEA/Switzerland during some or all of the last three years;
  • I am not a UK or EU national and I am waiting for the outcome of an application to the Home Office to grant my immigration status;
  • I am not a UK or EU national but have been granted limited or discretionary leave to remain by the Home Office;
  • I am not a UK or EU national, but a member of my family is a UK or EU national;
  • I have previously attended a higher education course.

Need some more information?

Did you have a question you wanted to ask LCCM in regards to Student Finance? If so, please call 0203 750 3899 and they will answer any questions you may have.


enquire now

Enquire now

Please fill in the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can call us on 0203 535 1080 to discuss your enquiry further.